Friday, August 20, 2010

La Hacienda del Castillo

We arrived on Wednesday and in the past 2 days we have had lessons in safety and security, emergencies, allowances, and a lot of Spanish. We've also eaten way too much and had the luxury of staying in this gorgeous hacienda on an organic rancho. Today we had a little tour of the ranch.


Traveling was long and exhausting but I'm sure it would be far worse if we were going pretty much anywhere farther than Mexico so I can't complain too much. BUT, we had to meet in the hotel lobby at 1am to finally arrive at our hotel at around 6pm. Lots of hurrying up and waiting. But here we are. Aqui estamos.

I'm really excited about meeting our host families tomorrow and starting real school on Monday. Tonight we have salsa lessons and a bonfire!

I tried to put pics online but there are 38 other PCTs (I'm practicing the Peace Corps acronyms - Peace Corps Trainees) online so internet connection is not the best. Will update pics later.

Here are the pics I promised http://picasaweb.google.com/rebeccajoyb/LaHaciendaCastillo?feat=directlink

No comments: