Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's Wednesday, my 3rd day here. (the post before says aug. 1, but it's wrong). I will be putting pictures up maybe next week after we take a tour of the city. As of right now, I am feeling good with my Spanish and about getting around the city. I miss home and am not quite as excited as everyone else here, but I do like it. My madre is very nice and tries hard to help me out when I don't understand things. She has taken me around the city and helped me to get oriented. The past 2 days, we have had orientation and we will for the next 2 weeks. We are learning about cultural "norms" and things about Buenos Aires. Intro Spanish lessons started today, but the real ones will start after the orientation ends. The dialect here is different than anywhere in the world and they have different forms than we ever learned in school, so that will take some getting used to, but I'm glad that they taught us early on. I live in the center of city in an apartment and I live very close to the IES center so everything is convenient for me (so far). I feel like I should be typing in Spanish, I'm already starting to think en español. Bueno, hasta luego

No comments: