Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Las Clases

I started classes on Monday, and they all seem to be decent. I'm taking:
Spanish 4
Cultural Icons of Argentina
International Relations
History of the Environment
Tango - which doesn't start for 2 weeks
The Spanish class, we're all hoping will be more challenging because we looked at the syllabus, and we've pretty much learned everything on it twice. But of course. I've been taking Spanish every year since 9th grade, so the last 3 classes of Spanish have just been a review for me. And that's ok, because we're always learning new words and practicing speaking, and it will be an easy A. The other classes, I don't really know yet, because we've only had the first intro day, but everything seems interesting.

What else? I really like my madre more every day. She's crazy busy and super smart. She talks a lot, which is good because I can't. She's a good cook and I get to taste typical Argentine foods all the time. The steak here is amazing, the rumors were true. The other night, Juan took me to a famous cafe called the Tortoni. It's huge and the interior is all historic. He took me around Buenos Aires more and showed me some neat things that might not be in every tourist book. I'm spending too much time speaking English so that little night out with Juan was great and inspired me to go meet Argentinos so I can actually speak Spanish. This weekend we're going to Cordoba, which is the 2nd largest city in Argentina, and one of the oldest. It has a huge university and it basically a college town, so I think us college students will enjoy it. That's all for now!

No comments: